When it comes to buying the best heart rate monitor you have to decide when and where you will be using it most. If you intend exercising in a busy area the chances are that they will be a lot of people out there who are using wireless training aids. These aids can really interfere with your heart rate monitors signal making it unreliable.
The Polar F6 comes with a feature that has a coded transmission which prevents this type of interference (crosstalk) from happening ensuring that your heart rate monitor works perfectly no matter where you are training or exercising.
We have found the best price for Polar F6 at Amazon – click here to check it out.
One main feature is that it allows user to uplink and transmit diary information from wrist unit directly to Polar’s web service wirelessly. Excellent for monitoring improvements over time and seeing how you are progressing. The OwnZone function allows you to effectively calculate workouts within varying BPM Zones or user can set these themselves. The Polar F6 can monitor high or low energy expenditures by way of an alarm and arrows. There is also a diary function allows user to view stored workout sessions individually.
- Zone Pointer: Visible/ audible feature displays your heart rate – showing target heart rate zone and where current heart rate is within that zone.
- Polar OwnCal: This feature shows energy expenditure during a single exercise session as well as accumulated kilocalories during several exercise sessions. Allows user to set daily/weekly goals.
- Polar OwnZone: Guides user through appropriate warm-up routine. Automatically determines safe and effective heart rate zone.
- Polar OwnCode: This technology blocks unwanted signals from other heart rate monitors that may be in the vicinity of where user is exercising or training.
- Some other great aspects of the F6 is that it displays the heart rate, exercise time and average heart rate during an exercise program.
- The 24 hour clock is a nice feature and has a stopwatch.
- The screen is very user friendly and easy to read.
- It is water resistant to a depth of 30 metres (100’) and the battery has an average of one year’s life in it.
The only real drawback about the F6 is the bad reputation they have when it comes to replacing the battery. It may deteriorate faster than others, and there have been many complaints. Although the replacement is very simple and easy to do.
“I just bought this and so far so good, has a nice feel to it and it comfortable to wear when exercising. Only used it a few times so will let you know if things change.”
“Bought this when it first came on the market – very pleased it works really well would recommend this to anyone who is serious about exercising. Very easy to check out heart rate on watch screen and nice and simple to set goals out. Very happy with F6 think it is value for money.”