The Garmin Forerunner 60 has been specifically designed to be used for multiple forms of exercise, meaning whether you’re a runner, swimmer or cyclist then this brilliant GPS watch will really aid you in your training. Read on to see why the Forerunner 60 really is an awesome watch.
In a nutshell, the Garmin Forerunner 60 is a GPS fitness watch. If you look at all the features it possesses, then you’ll soon realize that it’s more than just a GPS fitness watch. It contains an easy-to-use fitness tool that enables you to track the essentials during your training session, such as: duration, heart rate and calories burned.
The great thing about a Garmin watch is the wide range of accessories that you can use in conjunction with the watch itself. One of these is the wireless foot pod. Add this to your watch and the Forerunner 60 will track your speed and distance, inside and out, via its advanced accelerometer technology.
We have found the best price for Garmin Forerunner 60 at Amazon – click here to check it out.
Product Features and Specification
- Water resistant – up to 50 meters so perfect for you swimmers out there
- ANT+ technology – connects heart rate monitor and speed cadence sensor wirelessly
- Multi-use – easily used for cycling, swimming and running due to the GPS technology
Thanks to the easy-to-use interface and buttons, the Forerunner 60 is perfect for you if you’re a beginner or a professional, giving you all the information you would need to enhance your training and track your progress.
If you’re looking for greater utilization from your watch, then the wide range of accessories will help you allowing you to collate all your data on your computer wirelessly whilst you’re out on your run, jog or swim. Data such as lap times and average speeds can be analyzed for you to work out areas where you’re struggling. You can then use the Virtual Partner feature to race a virtual assistant to give you a target on your pace.
If you’re more into cycling, then try out the speed/cadence sensor. Attaching simply to your bike, it measures your pedaling cadence and wheel speed as you carry out your training session.
- Great wireless connection – transfer data to your computer for data analysis
- Possibility of buying extra features – the foot pod is a necessity!
- Simple and easy to use interface
- Lightweight – male version weights a mere 1.6 ounces. 1.4 ounces for the women’s
- Multi-use – perfect for all cardiovascular exercises such as running, cycling and swimming
- Good GPS connection – consistent and decent speeds to the satellites
- Watch strap – not very hard-wearing so liable to break
- AMT+ technology – it’s advanced so some gyms might have the ability to connect
Not surprisingly, the Garmin Forerunner 60 is receiving brilliant reviews.
“The Forerunner 60 does everything my previous watch, the Polar RS800CX, did but at a much lower cost. The display area and the UI are so much easier to use and the foot pod is so lightweight. If you’re looking for a watch that will give you all the information you need, get the FR60″
“Thanks to the water-resistance, I’ve been able to use this in my triathlons. I use the foot pod and the speed and cadence sensor to aid my in my training and they work brilliantly. The Garmin Forerunner 60 is a great GPS watch”
The selling point of the FR60 is its ability to be used for most sports. Like all of Garmin’s watches, accessories such as the foot pod and cadence sensor make the Garmin Forerunner 60 a great GPS watch for your training needs.