With up to 20 hours of battery life, the Garmin Forerunner 310XT is the ultimate GPS watch to aid you with your training and is perfect for triathletes thanks to its water resistance. Take a look out our Garmin Forerunner 310XT Review to see if this watch will suit your needs.
Garmin have labeled it as the first waterproof GPS watch on the market giving it a swimproof tag and stating that it’s waterproof up to depths of 50 meters. This makes it highly useable if you’re into your swimming, enabling you to time and track your progress whilst in the water – great for training purposes or during your competition.
What makes it brilliant is the ability to move it from your wrist to your bike frame, ensuring the smooth transition from bike to water in the triathlon. The Garmin Forerunner 310XT has easy-release mounts so you can change its fixed position from wrist to bike and back to wrist again for the final running leg.
After you’ve finished your competition or workout, the ANT+ technology can be used to transfer data wirelessly to your computer for further analysis. Also, if you want to share your progress with others, then all your info is easily uploaded to Garmin’s varied online services, such as Garmin Connect or Garmin Training Center.
All the data that’s collected from the Garmin Forerunner 310XT will be useable to track your progress and help you shape your future training to improve performance. The GPS connection on this GPS watch is brilliant, being able to record distance, pace, heart rate and more. Garmin are famous for their ability to connect your GPS watch to accessories to further enhance your tracking, such as the foot pod, heart rate monitor and cadence sensor.
Read more reviews for Garmin Forerunner 310XT at Amazon – click here to check it out.
Product Features and Specification
- Great GPS – tracks position for running and cycling and your distance traveled and pace
- AMT+ technology – easy upload to computer and Garmin’s services for further development
- Easy to use display – large and clear for view whilst training
- Good battery life – up to 20 hours of continuous use plus easy to recharge
- Waterproof – ideal for use in triathlons or swimming on its own
Although the Garmin Forerunner 310XT was designed for triathletes in mind, this isn’t to say that non-triathletes can’t benefit from its great features. If you’re a pure runner or a cyclist, or even just into gym work or hiking, then the 310XT will be perfect for you. All the features can be used be all sports with distance, pace, heart rate and tracking all needing focus for all disciplines.
- Great battery – safe in knowing you won’t lose data
- Lightweight – won’t feel heavy on your wrist
- Reporting – upload wirelessly to computer or website
- Accessories – for further monitoring of performance
- Clear, large screen – great for “on the fly” viewing
- Good connection – locks onto GPS satellites faster than older and newer models
- Vibrates – indicating a lap completion so no need to constantly check the watch
- GPS in water – there are reports that the watch won’t connect via GPS whilst in water
“Despite the GPS issue with swimming, this is the best GPS watch for triathletes. I didn’t have to re-read the manual to become accustomed to its features, unlike previous GPS watches I’ve had.”
“I found the Garmin Forerunner 310XT easy to set up and use. The ability to customize the display and the features were a must for me and this watch does it all and more. The addition of being able to track calories burned and heart rate make this perfect for beginners and professionals alike.”
Being great for all disciplines and packed with a houseful of features makes the Garmin Forerunner 310XT one of the best GPS watches out there on the market. You’d be foolish to overlook the 310XT.