The Garmin Forerunner 210 is a classic-style GPS watch aimed at providing you with easy to access information during and after your workouts, created by one of the most reputable GPS watch-making companies out there. So, read below for the low-down on the Forerunner 210.
This great GPS watch has been made with simplicity in mind. The focus from Garmin is on your workout, so there are no complicated features for you to get confused over. If you want a watch that you can pretty much just “plug-and-play”, then the 210 is the one for you. A simple charging session, followed by a connection to the satellites and then some easy question and you’ll have it on your wrist and working out in no time.
This great watch will provide you with all the basic knowledge you’ll need after your run or workout. With a vast array of complementary attachments, this really could be the last GPS watch you’ll ever purchase.
We have found the best price for Garmin Forerunner 210 at Amazon – click here to check it out.
- Premium Heart Rate Monitor – allows you to set alerts and zones for different rates
- Interval training setting – set and monitor bespoke training sessions
- A simple interface – enables you to better track your performance
- Easy to use 4-button control system – easy access to the data whilst exercising
The Forerunner 210 is designed for runners in mind, hence the name, and can be used indoors as well as outdoors. One of its greatest features is the ability to set up and customize your own personal interval running sessions. Couple this with the possibility of measuring your cadence (foot speed) throughout and after your workout and you’ve got yourself a winner! That’s not to say that you couldn’t use all the other great features for non-running exercises, for example measuring your heart rate during your weights or rowing sessions in the gym.
If you’re looking for a non-complicated GPS watch, then the Forerunner is most definitely a great purchase even if you’re not planning to do a lot of running. Plus, if you’re concerned about how many calories you’ve burned so far, you can opt for that information to be displayed in the simple to use interface.
This could really be the last GPS watch you buy if you consider adding in the brilliant Foot Pod accessory, which is a very lightweight and small pedometer that can attach to your shoelaces or in your shoe, perfect for measuring cadence and fully analyzing your movements.
- Highly customizable for interval training
- Easy monitoring reports for better training
- Possibility of buying extra features
- Simple and easy to use interface
- Good battery life – can last for a full week if used for approxiamtely 40 minutes per day
- Lightweight – extremely light compared to other GPS watches
- Multi-use – acts as a casual day-to-day watch as well as a GPS-workout watch
- Good GPS connection – consistent and decent speeds to the satellites
- Primarily designed for running, so might not be suitable for everyone
- Data connector not generic and isn’t easy to connect
Almost all of the feedback for the 210 is positive, which isn’t surprising at all.
“My previous sports watch was too big and too heavy, over-complicated and hard to use. I then discovered the Garmin Forerunner 210 and was elated to read that it did all the basic things brilliantly, being exactly what I was looking for. It really is so simple to use and the information displayed is very easy to understand. The distance traveled is right at the top, time elapsed is situated right in the middle and finally the pace shows down at the bottom of the screen. At the end of the day, it does all the little things perfectly and is lightweight. If you’re like me and became frustrated with the touch-bezel models and confused over the complicated interfaces, then this is the watch you’re looking for.”
“This GPS watch acquires satellites quickly and easily, even indoors. The band is very sturdy and I can’t see it breaking easily. Overall, it’s a really great watch.”
The Garmin Forerunner 210 is very simple to use, with it’s basic but informative interface and easy to press buttons. It should suit all your running needs with the customizable training planner and ability to monitor your heart rate, cadence and calories burned.